Welcome! ¡Bien venidos!
Whether you’ve stumbled upon this blog by accident or because you are researching internships in the publishing business, I’m glad you’ve made it.
About this blog:
I’ll be writing about my time as an editorial intern at Berrett-Koehler Publishers in SF. While this is required, I’m very excited to keep it because I know I’m going to learn so much and make memories I won’t want to forget. I’m hoping to include editing basics, little profiles of the smart, amazing people who work at BK (along with their quirks), impressions of the office and the city, funny anecdotes, news bytes related to publishing, editorial vocabulary, etc.
A little about me:
- I’m a junior in the Creative Writing program at Mills College
- I’m also minoring in Spanish and have a strong interest in Queer Theory
- I’m the editor-in-chief of The Walrus Literary Journal.
- I love reading. Check out my bookshelf on Goodreads!
- I live with three other roomies and three furry things in a kooky apartment we call the Treehouse.
- My partner Jess and I have a terrier-mix named Rocko and a Maine Coone/Flamepoint Siamese named Lionel. Most days they remind me of Garfield and Odie–quite the comedic duo. Then there’s Nova (who belongs to another roomie), a little cutie full of mischief who tries to rule the roost. I suppose she’s our Nermal.
- I like eggplant purple. And moss-green. And earth brown. Wait, do you really want to know this sort of thing?
- For more about me, follow my personal blog at byrdiegrey.wordpress.com or my Twitter at www.twitter.com/byrdiegrey
On to ADVENTURE!